Best Filterless Humidifier Buying Guide – Top Reviews 2018
A humidifier is a valuable household device as it helps to moisturize and clean the air. It is important for babies and individuals with respiratory issues like sinus problems and asthma. But, like any other device there are many types of humidifiers out there, and so you will need to know them to make the right pick.
One of the important decisions that you will need to make is whether to go for units with filters or the filterless ones. Although both are useful in humidifying the air, they are suitable for different situation or users. And so it is important to understand the difference between the two to make the right pick. More and more people nowadays seem to prefer the filterless units. However, it is still important to know how to choose the best filterless humidifier from the many types and brands on the market.
Top 4 Filterless Humidifiers On The Market
Filter VS Filterless Humidifier
Although these units might look the same on the outside, there are some clear differences between the two. The main difference is the fact that one has a filter while the other does not use one. Also, the mechanism or how they work is different. The units with a filter will work by boiling and drawing water through the filter to a fan that then expels it in the form of a mist to humidify the air.
Unlike the filter humidifiers, the filterless ones will use an electrostatic charge to remove impurities from the air. These units also produce less noise, and they will require minimal maintenance and cleaning. You will also never need to change the filter which means that they are cheap to own since you do not need to buy anything else in future.
Factors To Consider When Shopping For Filterless Humidifiers
Almost all companies that make humidifiers will have a filterless model. And so you can always be sure of getting many options when shopping for one. But, to ensure that you get the best filterless humidifier you should consider the following factors before making your pick.
The size will determine the area that the humidifier can humidify. And so it should always be one of your first considerations. Your house/room size should guide you when it comes to choosing the right capacity. It is always vital to make sure that you go for a unit that produces enough mist. Also, ensure that you do not go for one that is too large because it will be energy inefficient and can also create too much moisture and encourage the growth of mold.
Ease Of Cleaning
Although the filterless humidifiers do not have a filter, they will still need regular cleaning and maintenance. The impurities from the water and air will accumulate in these units and affect their efficiency, and so you need to clean them regularly. A good one should make this easy, and you should be able to take it apart and assemble it quickly. Also, the best ones are those that will not require you to clean them daily.
The more the control that the best humidifier offers the better it will be for you and your baby. A unit that lets you control the moisture level with variable fan speeds makes it possible to adjust the moisture level according to the season or time of the day. Also, those with a timer and auto shut off feature will offer you better control.
A humidistat is an essential element of any humidifier since it prevents the humidity level from going beyond a certain point. You should make sure that you always go for a humidifier with one because those without one can produce excessive amounts of moisture which is also not good for your health. If your filterless humidifier does not come with a humidistat, you should consider investing in a separate hygrometer.
Top 4 Best Filterless Humidifier Reviews
Homelabs Cool Mist Humidifier- The best filterless humidifier
This cool mist humidifier by Homelabs uses the ultrasonic technology, and it features a ceramic vibrating diaphragm that forms water droplets in a cool fog inhalant form. It also has a fan for delivering a cool breeze throughout the room which makes it perfect for a baby’s room or an office desk.
The removable 4-liter tank on this humidifier makes it easy to fill and clean. Although the reservoir is relatively small, it will still hold enough water to keep the room humidified for many hours. And the square base makes it very sturdy and so it is not easy to tip it over accidentally. Apart from the cool mist this unit also features warm mist aroma therapy and so you can use it to diffuse your favorite essential oils.
Homelabs makes this filter free humidifier very customizable, and you can control the humidity level anywhere between 40 and 70 percent. Also, it features a continuous moisture feature, and it also has an auto shut off function.
- The 4-liter tank at the top will install and uninstall easily for quick and simple refilling.
- It has a quiet fan that will create a calming white noise to help you relax before bed or during meditation.
- This humidifier will produce both warm and cool mist.
- You can also use it to diffuse your favorite essential oils.
- The square base means that it will not tip easily.
- This cool mist humidifier has a sleek and modern design that will complement any decor.
- Cleaning will also not be a problem since it comes with a small brush.
- It is a convenient unit that also includes an auto shut off and continuous humidity setting.
- It only works best when you use distilled water which can be quite expensive.
- Some users might find it a little too noisy.
Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The Pure EnRichment MistAire uses an ultrasonic cool mist technology to ensure that you get humidified air for up to 16 hours continuously. It has a 1.4-liter tank that will hold enough water for use in medium size rooms like bedrooms and offices. This tank is easy to uninstall, and so you should not have any difficulty refilling it.
This filterless humidifier comes with a 360-degree mist nozzle that will help to direct the moisture where you want it and do it evenly. Also, it has a soothing night light that will contribute to ensuring that you get maximum relaxation for a good night's sleep. With this humidifier, you will also not have to worry about the water level going to low since it has an automatic shut-off function.
When you buy this Pure Enrichment product you will also get an ac adapter, a user manual to make things easy for you and a disc cleaning brush to make maintenance simple.
- The ultrasonic cool mist tech will moisturize the air for up to 16 hours continuously.
- It has a high and low-speed setting for easy adjustment of moisture direction.
- Although the 1.5-liter tank is not very large, it still provides sufficient coverage for medium-size rooms like bedrooms and offices.
- It has an optional night light that provides a soothing glow to ensure maximum relaxation.
- You never have to worry about the water level going too low since it has an auto shut off function.
- The manufacturer also provides a disk cleaning brush and a user manual.
- The small tank will require frequent refilling.
- It is a little hard to clean.
- Although the night light is quite soothing, some users will find it a bit too bright.
Vicks FilterFree Humidifier
The Vicks FilterFree humidifier is a very convenient unit since you will never need to buy or replace any filters. It also comes with a large 1.2-gallon capacity tank that will eliminate the need to keep refilling it. This humidifier will run for up to 30 hours on a single fill which means that you can use to for a few days without refilling.
Although this Vicks product does not come with an empty light, the tank is translucent, and so you can monitor the water level. Cleaning and refilling the tanks is also simple thanks to the large opening. This humidifier has a quiet operation, and you will hardly even notice that it is on and so it will be perfect for use in a baby's room.
Handling it when moving it from one point to the other or when you are cleaning/refilling is also easy thanks to the small handle at the top.
- It will hold up to two VapoPads to provide soothing comfort.
- This Vicks humidifier will run for up to 30 hours.
- The large tank capacity makes it ideal for large rooms.
- It has a translucent reservoir that makes it possible to monitor the water level.
- Cleaning and refilling are easy thanks to the large tank opening.
- The quiet operation mode makes it ideal for use even in a baby's room.
- It has a little handle at the top that makes it easy to carry and maneuver the tank.
- You will need to buy filtered water to prevent mineral accumulation.
- It does not have an empty light.
- This filter free humidifier will leave a residue after a while, and it can develop a damp smell.
Joly Joy 4L Super Quiet Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
If you are looking for the best filterless humidifier that is easy to clean and fill this 4 liter one by Joly Joy will be a perfect choice. The large tank means that you will not need to refill after every few hours and you can enjoy many hours of clean and moist air. And it has an attractive and compact design that will go with any décor hence making it perfect for use in the bedroom, living room or office.
This super quiet humidifier comes with a 360-degree nozzle that is rotatable to ensure that it will disperse moisture to any direction that you want. Also, it has adjustable mist modes that make it possible to choose between the high mode that keeps the unit running for 12 hours and an essential setting that will maintain the air moisture level for up to 24 hours.
Joly Joy humidifier is a three in one device that will work as a cool mist humidifier, negative ionizer, and an air purifier. But, it is also worthy to know that this is not an essential oil diffuser and so you should avoid adding any oil to the water.
- This humidifier is easy to take apart when cleaning or refilling.
- It is perfect for large rooms thanks to the large 4-liter tank.
- It has a straightforward and compact design.
- The super quiet ultrasonic operation ensures that it does not disturb your sleep.
- You can diffuse moisture in any direction since it has a 360-degree nozzle that is rotatable.
- The color means that it will fit in any room’s décor.
- Like most other modern humidifiers it has an auto shut off feature for safety.
- The adjustable mist modes and 3-in-1 function make it very customizable.
- It does not have an essential oil diffuser.
- Refilling can be quite messy.
- Some users might find the LED a little too bright in the bedroom.
Our Best Choice
The four filterless humidifiers above are very effective in humidifying and keeping the air in the house clean, and they will work well for medium and large rooms depending on the capacity. However, the Homelabs Cool Mist humidifier is our best pick as it is not only very effective in humidifying the room but is also easy to use, handle and refill.
Also, the warm mist aromatherapy makes it a better humidifier because it will help to improve your breathing to reduce cold, flu and relieve nasal congestion symptoms. And so if you are on the market for a top notch filterless humidifier that will enhance the air quality in your sleeping chamber or office the Homelabs Cool Mist humidifier is an excellent choice.
A humidifier is one of those devices that you must own if you want to improve the quality of air in your house and prevent cold, flu and nasal congestion. Keeping the air moist is also good for your skin and any wooden household items that you have.
If you decide to go for the easy to use and convenient filterless ones it is always important to make sure that you get the best. But, with our guide and reviews of some of the best filterless humidifiers in the market, this should not be a problem. The only other thing that you will need to do is to maintain your humidifier by cleaning it regularly.