Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Cool Mist Humidifier For Baby
An itchy and dry skin provides a perfect environment for bacteria and viruses to thrive. The two are the leading causes of sickness and infections in infants. So what can you do about it? The answer is simple since you only need to invest in the best cool mist humidifier for baby. Although not everyone uses a humidifier at home, you should always consider buying one when you have a baby.
A cool mist humidifier will help protect your child from common cold ailments while also keeping the skin soft and healthy. Also, it will ensure the baby enjoys a peaceful and comfortable sleep. But, all cold mist humidifiers are not the same, and so you should always strive to get the best from the many brands and types.
Top 5 Best Cool Mist Humidifiers 2018
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Cool Mist Humidifier For Baby
As you go out to shop for a cool mist humidifier for your little angel, there are some crucial features that you should take into account so as to get a unit that will serve your baby well. Although the choice will also depend on your preferences, the following are some of the elements that will always define a high-quality cold mist humidifier.
Noise is probably the first thing that most parents will always consider when shopping for a humidifier for their baby. And this is rightfully so because you do not want to invest in something that will keep waking your child no matter how effective it is as at humidifying the room.
Most baby humidifiers are quite silent, but it is always important to be sure about the noise rating before you buy it. Also, sometimes it can be a good idea to go for a unit that makes a white noise like sound because it can also help to soothe the baby to sleep.
A cool mist humidifier with an automatic shut off feature is very convenient. First, it will help to ensure that you do not have to keep going into the nursery when the baby is asleep.
Also, an auto shut-off feature makes sure that there will not be too much humidity in the air (since it is also not good) as it will shut down the system once it achieves the desired moisture level. This feature also ensures that the noise does not wake the child up since it is almost impossible to get a unit that is silent completely.
Apart from creating a moist and comfortable environment for your baby, a good humidifier should also have a mechanism for filtering bacteria. It is always important to remember that kids do not have a good immune system and so anything that can help keep the bacteria in check is an excellent buy.
Cool mist humidifiers with filters, cartridges or some ultraviolet lights are the best when it comes to fighting bacteria. The best ones will filter out up to 99% of the pathogens present in the air.
The best cool mist humidifier for baby will be the one that can cover the nursery adequately. And so you should always consider the size of the room before you buy it and ensure that the unit is not too small and neither too big in comparison to the dimensions of the chamber.
In some cases, it can be a good idea to go for a whole house humidifier to ensure maximum coverage. If you get the best whole house humidifier, you will always be sure that your infant is comfortable when sleeping in the nursery and also when in any other room in the house.
A large tank capacity is another important feature that you should look out for when shopping for a cool mist humidifier. The larger the tank, the less the frequency with which you will need to fill it up.
When it comes to the tank capacity for a baby humidifier, the best idea is to go for something that can run for at least 12 hours on a single refill. And this is because it ensures the baby will get humidified air throughout the night as he sleeps and that you will not have to wake up in the middle of the night to refill the tank.
Cleaning and Maintenance
With a baby around most of your time should be for taking care of him, and so you will have very little time to spare for cleaning and maintaining the humidifier. And so it is always a good idea to go for one that makes cleaning easy. Luckily, most cool mist humidifiers will not require a lot of maintenance or cleaning. A unit that requires you to clean it at least once per week and change the filter after every few months is the most convenient.
5 Best Cool Mist Humidifier For Baby Reviews
Now that you know the factors to look for in a cool mist humidifier, below we look at 5 of the best units in the market to make the selection even easier for you.
#1. Levoit Air Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifiers
The Levoit Air Humidifier will help keep the air in the bedroom, nursery or office moist for 20 hours or more thanks to its large 4-liter tank. This unit also has both high and low mist levels and so it might be the best option for your baby since you get to adjust the humidity level according to the season or weather.
This unit features an adjustable 360-degree nozzle that makes it possible to direct the humidified air where you want it most. And it also helps to ensure that it can cover the entire room.
The quiet operating also means that it could be a perfect choice for kids that are distracted by noise easily and it also has a beautiful night light that can help to soothe your little one.
The microporous filters on this humidifier will filter out everything from microorganisms to magnesium and calcium to ensure that the air is safe and clean for the entire family. Also, these filters are removable and washable to ensure you do not need to spend money on replacements. And this unit also features aroma diffusing pads and a convenient auto shut-off feature.
- The cool mist has both low and high levels.
- It has a large 4-liter tank that can keep it running for 20 hours.
- The Adjustable 360-degree nozzle will dispense the moist air in all directions and throughout the room.
- This unit has a quiet operation to ensure that it does not distract the baby.
- Night light function can help to soothe the baby to sleep.
- The microporous cartridges will filter not only microorganisms but also other compounds like magnesium and calcium.
- You will not need to buy filters since the ceramic filter is removable and washable to last for a long time.
- This unit also includes a convenient automatic shut-off feature.
- It has aroma pads to diffuse your favorite essential oils.
- It requires you to use distilled water which can make it quite expensive to operate.
- This humidifier is prone to leaking if you are not keen enough when closing it.
- The night light on the humidifier is a little too bright.
#2. Pure Enrichment Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The 1.5-liter tank Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier by Pure Enrichment is an excellent choice when you need to humidify small and medium size rooms. Despite the compact size of the reservoir, it can run for up to 16 hours continuously. And it also features a 360-degree nozzle that makes it possible to direct the mist where you want it and a dual speed setting.
Like most other top cool mist humidifiers it also has an automatic shut-off feature that will turn it off once it achieves the desired humidity or when the tank is low and when you remove it. Also, it includes an optional night light with a soothing and relaxing glow that means it might be a perfect pick when you want something to sooth your baby to sleep.
- 16 hours of continuous operation.
- Dual-speed mist control makes it possible to choose humidity level that suits your comfort level.
- 360-degree nozzle makes it possible to adjust the direction of the moisture.
- The automatic shut-off feature will turn off the humidifier when the water level is low.
- It also includes an optional night light for a soothing and relaxing glow.
- The small tank and compact design make portability easy.
- The tank is quite small if you compare it to other units.
- Its lightweight is an advantage, but it also means that it is easy to know over.
- Mineral build up makes this humidifier hard to clean.
- It comes with only one button for all settings.
#3. Anypro Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The Anypro Ultrasonic Humidifier comes with a 3.5-liter tank, and it can run for up to 36 hours depending on the humidity setting. And so with this unit, you can breathe and sleep well without having to refill it after every few hours. This cool mist humidifier makes it possible to control the amount of humidity using a simple knob, and the 360-degree nozzle will help you direct it anywhere you want.
Unlike most others, it will produce a long mist stream that provides sufficient coverage for bedrooms, nurseries and mid-size offices. And the best thing is that it will not leave condensation on your floors.
This humidifier features an antibacterial material on the inside that suppresses mold growth and makes it safe for long-term use. Also, the design is crash and leak resistant thanks to the deep grooves that also increase the resistance to compressions.
- It will run for up to 36 hours without refilling.
- This humidifier provides longer mist stream than others without leaving condensations on your floor.
- The premium materials are useful for suppressing the growth of mold.
- It has some deep grooves that increase resistance to compressions and prevent leaks.
- The super quiet design ensures it does not distract your baby when he is sleeping.
- The well thought out design makes it very easy to use.
- It features a night light with six different color options.
- The top compartment is easy to knock over since it is not lockable in place.
- It will only work well with distilled water.
- The aroma diffuser can be quite hard to open.
#4. URPOWER Whisper-quiet Operation Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
The attractive URPOWER Humidifier comes with a large capacity 5L tank and two modes that ensure that it can run for 15 or 17 hours without refilling. The two-mode feature makes it possible to choose the humidity level you prefer. This unit comes with only one button to control everything and so you should not have any difficulties using it.
The fact that it does not come with any filter also helps to make it an excellent humidifier and also makes it convenient and cheap to own since you will not need to buy replacement filters. And for safety purposes, it also includes the automatic shut-off feature.
- Large tank capacity for extended operation.
- The beautiful matte-black finish will complement any décor.
- It runs on two modes that make it possible to select your ideal humidity level.
- This humidifier also has the automatic shut-off safety feature.
- There is only one button for controlling this humidifier, and so it is quite easy to operate.
- Whisper quiet design for convenient use in a baby's room.
- It is a cheap unit to own since it does not use any filters.
- It only has low and high cycles, but a medium would make it a better unit.
- The controls would be more convenient at the top instead of the bottom.
- Although it is a high-quality humidifier the plastic handle at the top is a little flimsy.
#5. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier, 4L/1.1 Gallon Capacity
TaoTronics gives this humidifier a modern LED display that makes it easy to control and also produces a relaxing night light that is very useful for soothing the baby to sleep. This unit also has a microporous cartridge that will filter out micro organism and minerals like calcium and magnesium and dissipate bad odors.
This humidifier will allow you to set the humidity level that you prefer in the baby’s room and also control the mist and it has a 4-liter tank to ensure that it can run for more than 15 hours nonstop.
Like most other top cool mist humidifiers it has a 360-degree nozzle for adjusting the mist angle, and it also includes other fantastic features like a built-in timer and sleep mode.
- The LED will make the humidifier easy to control.
- This ultrasonic humidifier is incredibly silent, so it will not disturb your baby's sleep.
- It is possible to set humidity level and also control mist.
- 360-degree nozzle makes it possible to adjust mist angle.
- Two handles at top and bottom make it easy to carry around.
- It includes a built-in timer and a sleep mode.
- This unit is not for use with essential oils.
- It is relatively expensive for a small cool mist humidifier.
- The many crannies and tight spaces will provide a perfect environment for mold to grow.
All the five items on our cool mist humidifier for baby reviews above will be useful for humidifying the air for your infant. But, despite all being very high-quality and easy to use units the URPOWER Humidifier stands out, and it is our top pick. This humidifier has a larger water tank than all the others, and it will run for long enough without a refill.
The unit has all the right features that most parents are looking for in a baby humidifier like auto shut-off and adjustable mist. Also, the fact that it does not have any filters makes it very convenient and cheap to own. And the beautiful matte black and silver-white finish mean it will also complement any home décor.