Choosing The Best Baby Laundry Detergent – Buying Guide
Whether one is a first-time mom or not, baby laundry is not easy to clean. There is always something to wash every single day because you have to keep everything from the beddings to stroller covers clean. But, if you have a good detergent cleaning should not always be a hard task for you. Knowing that you need the right detergent to clean your baby’s laundry is one thing and determining which one if the best is an entirely different thing.
Top 5 Best Baby Detergents 2017
The baby product industry is a multi-billion sector, and so you can be sure that there are hundreds of companies that produce detergents for baby laundry. But, it is important to know that not everything that is available as detergent for baby clothes is safe.
As a parent, it is right to be concerned about the soap that you use because the regular ones are full of irritants and different kinds of chemicals that are not safe for your child. However, the good thing is that there are also many types and brands that are perfect for your baby and you only need to know how to choose the right ones.
Natural detergents are what every parent should buy as they make the best baby detergent. They ae not only safe on their hands, but they also do not leave any chemical residues on the child's clothes.
The Puracy Natural Detergent is one of the highest concentrated detergents (10X more than others) and this reduces waste by an astounding 80%. It has a highly efficient formula that uses plant-based enzymes that make it highly effective in cleaning without having to use a lot of it.
In fact, one-quarter of an ounce is all you need for each load, and this means that you can use the 24oz bottle for 96 loads.
All the elements in the detergent are biodegradable, and the manufacture took a lot of precaution when choosing them to ensure that they are all plant-based, hypoallergenic, vegan, gluten-free, and non-toxic.
The detergent also does not contain other harmful chemicals such as chlorine, dyes, sulfates, phosphates and animal products. Moms do not have to worry about spills and measuring because the bottle has a pump at the top that is easy to use that makes dispensing the soap effortless.
- It is very gentle on both hands and fabric.
- The detergent has 10x Concentration which reduces waste by an impressive 80%.
- The pump top minimizes spilling.
- It is also very effective in odor elimination because it has Zinc Ricinoleate.
- This product is safe for septic systems and also for gray water.
- It has all the useful features such as hypoallergenic, natural ingredients, gluten free, non-toxic and it is also vegan.
- The 710ml (24oz) bottle can handle up to 96 loads to ensure that you get value for your cash.
- There are no harmful compounds such as sulfates, phosphates, chlorine, dyes, perfumes or petrochemicals in this product.
- There are a few complaints that it goes for fewer loads than the manufacturer’s claim.
- It does not leave clothes smelling sweet like most other detergents.
- The plastic bottles have a tendency to leak.
- It has a nice pump but it does not always work for long, and it drips after every use.
- Natural detergents are still not as efficient as the conventional ones when it comes to stain removal.
The Babyganics Detergent is plant-based but still very effective in removing stains and dealing with baby messes.
Apart from the ability to eliminate all types of stains, the plant-based ingredients are also safe for your baby, and it is hard for him to get any allergic reactions.
The non-allergenic ingredients are not only effective, but the fact that dermatologists and pediatricians have tested them should give you some extra confidence that the detergent is safe for your child.
This detergent does not also contain any chlorine, phthalates, phosphates, optical brighteners, dyes or artificial fragrances. It is also noteworthy to know that the production of this detergent does not involve any testing on animals and it is also safe for using with an HE machine.
- It does not contain any phosphates, dyes, fragrances, chlorine or optical brighteners.
- Both dermatologists and pediatricians have tested this detergent.
- The non-allergenic ingredients are very effective in dealing with baby messes and tough stains.
- It has an Ultra Concentrated formula (3X) and so you only need to use 1oz per load.
- Babyganics is safe and friendly for the child's skin, and it will not cause any reactions.
- This soap will leave the clothes feeling clean, fresh and soft.
- Just like most other natural detergents, it will not leave harmful residue on the clothes.
- You can choose between a fragrance-free soap and one with a sweet lavender smell.
- It is too gentle for some types of stains.
- The smell needs some improvement as most people do not seem to like it.
- This detergent is quite pricey, and this is a turn off for many parents.
- It suds too much for an HE machine if you use the recommended amount.
The fact that you only need a tablespoon of the Charlie’s Laundry Powder with each load is one of the things that make it the best baby detergent.
Also, it only contains natural mineral ingredients such as sodium carbonate and sodium metasilicate and other biodegradable ingredients that make it safe for your child and also for the environment.
This powder does not contain clays, ultraviolet brighteners, phosphates, or perfumes and this is one of the things that make it safe for all types of fabrics including linen, wool, cotton, and silk.
The soap is safe for use with HE machines, and most parents will love this fact as it makes washing easy and convenient for them. You will also not need to use any softeners with this powder, and this means that you will save a lot of dough in the long run and this is more so given the fact that the powder lasts for a long time.
Another thing that you will love about this soap is that it will remove any entrapped odors and leave the clothes smelling nice and clean.
- The 2.64lbs package will give you a minimum of 100 wash loads (medium size wash loads).
- This soap does not contain any elements that can irritate sensitive skin.
- It is a non-GMO and non-toxic product which makes it safe for the environment.
- Charlie’s Soap is safe for use with any machine and also safe on septic systems.
- Every ingredient that is in this soap is biodegradable.
- The clothes come out looking softer and brighter than before the wash.
- It has a cool packaging because the cloth bag looks amazing.
- The powder is easy to measure and use.
- You can use the powder when washing with an HE machine.
- There have been some criticisms about the powder having a bleach-like effect on dark clothes.
- You will probably not like the fishy odor in the clothes when you take them out of the washer, but it dissipates after a while.
- Some babies are sensitive to this soap.
- The clothes tend to form a film when you use too much of this powder.
Every parent is always looking to buy the best baby laundry detergent. Although most will consider various elements when shopping for their soap, effectiveness in cleaning, and safety for their baby’s skin are the main ones.
These two important things are what this natural baby detergent from Seventh Generation guarantees. It is available in 4X or 2X concentrations which means that you do not have to use a lot of it per load.
The ingredients that the company uses to make the soap are natural and so it will be gentle on both the parent’s and baby’s skin. It is also hypoallergenic, non-toxic and it does not contain any harsh chemicals, and this makes it safe for the environment.
Although it has unique, fresh scent, the manufacturer does not use any artificial dyes or fragrances for its manufacture. This soap will also not restrict you when it comes to cleaning because you can use it with hot, warm or cold water without affecting is effectiveness. To top all these useful features, it also has impressive foaming abilities and a competitive price that will make most moms happy.
- It is gentle (very gentle) on the skin and hands
- This detergent does not leave any chemical residue on your kid’s clothes.
- The natural detergent is also hypoallergenic.
- It is perfect for cleaning cloth diapers and for removing tough stains.
- This soap does not contain any petroleum-based cleaners or optical brighteners.
- You do not need to use a lot when cleaning because it is two times concentrated.
- It is safe for both grey water and septic systems.
- The price is perfect, and the packaging ensures you get a lot of value
- You can use it with hot, warm or cold water.
- There are no animal ingredients in the soap, and it is also not tested on them.
- It contains sodium lauryl sulfate which is not a natural ingredient.
- The detergent has some fragrance that some babies will not like and their skin can be sensitive to it.
- There are a few other ingredients in small concentrations that might irritate some kids.
- Some kinds of stains are still hard to get rid off when using this soap.
Most parents will tend to have a hard time choosing the right detergent to use for their newborn’s clothes because there are not many options available. But, this one from Dreft has a unique formulation which makes it excellent for use on newborn's clothes.
It is a gentle formulation without any harmful or harsh ingredients that might affect the child’s skin and it also does not leave any chemical residue on the clothes.
It is the best baby detergent when it comes to dealing with formula and milk stains, and the best thing is that you will not have to use a lot of it per load. It is hypoallergenic, and this is also another significant advantage.
The soap has an excellent scent that will impress most parents and it is also safe for newborns. It comes in a recyclable and attractive bottle that has enough detergent for about 32 loads, and this means that you get value for the cash you spend on it. Apart from the usefulness in cleaning, the soap can work with both High Efficiency and standard washers. If you have any trouble using it, the simple instructions will give you all the information you need.
- It has a unique and safe formulation that makes it perfect for newborn babies.
- The formulation works for both standard washers and High-Efficiency ones.
- This detergent is very useful for getting rid of formula and milk stains.
- The smell is excellent and just perfect for newborn babies.
- In case you have trouble measuring and using it the detergent has some clear and straightforward instructions.
- Efficiency in cleaning means that you do not have to use a lot of it.
- This soap is a product from a reputable company, and it has endorsements from pediatricians.
- Dreft Stage 1 is a hypoallergenic detergent.
- Users love the fact that it will never leave any chemical residue on their kid’s clothes.
- It is quite an expensive detergent, and this can be a turn off for most parents.
- This detergent is not fragrance-free, and so it might not be suitable for use if your infant has sensitive skin.
- Most people will also need to use softeners to cancel the smell which is an extra cost.
What Kind Of Detergent Should You Use For Baby Clothes?
Most parents will have a hard time choosing detergents to use for cleaning their baby's clothes, and this is because every mom wants something that is safe for their young ones. But, with the right information and knowledge, you will have an easy time making a choice. The most important factor that you should always keep in mind is that the best detergent is one that does not contain chemicals which might leave residues on your infant’s clothes.
The detergents that you buy should not have bleach, brighteners, chemical fragrances and any other harmful ingredients. And so, the idea is always to go for something with a mild formula so as to ensure that it will not cause ant harm to your baby. Buying organic laundry detergent is also an excellent choice but make sure that all the ingredients are natural.
It is also common for parents to find themselves in a dilemma on whether to choose bio or non-bio. Most specialists will advise you to go for the non-bio detergents as they are the best for cleaning baby clothes. The non-bio detergents are more effective in cleaning and dealing with stubborn stains than the bio ones. These detergents also work at almost any temperature, and they do not contain the common allergens that may be harmful to your child.
What Makes A Best Baby Laundry Detergent
As a parent, you should be very keen when shopping for anything that your baby will use in one way or the other. Detergents are as important as anything that you will buy for your baby and so you should make sure that you always buy the best baby laundry detergent. Here are some of the things that make a good baby soap.
1. Gentle On The Skin
It is sad when you find your child with some nasty skin allergies. But, what is even more disheartening is being the cause of the allergies. If you are not careful with the detergent that you use to clean your kid's laundry, seeing some painful splotches all over his body should not surprise you.
And so, before you even think of buying any detergent you should make sure that the ingredients are gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin. The best baby soap is the one that does not have anything that can cause even a minor reaction to your child's skin.
2. Free From Toxic Fragrances And Chemicals
The fragrance is one of the main things that most people consider when choosing detergents for cleaning their clothes. If it does not smell sweet, it will not work for most people, but this should not be the case when shopping for something to use for your child’s laundry. It is important always to remember that these fragrances come from chemicals which can be harmful to kids.
Also, a good one should not contain any toxic chemicals because they will leave some harmful residue on the clothes. You will be astounded at the volume of toxic chemicals on the regular detergents, and so you should read the ingredients before buying the soap to ensure that it is safe and natural.
3. It Lasts For Long
The best laundry detergent for babies does not come not cheap, and so you should make sure that whatever you buy will serve you for some time. A good soap ensures that you always get value for your money because you do not have to use a lot when washing.
Also, the packaging should also contain a substantial amount of detergent so that you can use it for some time before you have to buy another one. As a parent, you will not always get a chance to go shopping, but you still have to use the baby detergent every single day.
4. Effective For Removing Stains
As obvious as this might sound it is still one of the things that make a good baby soap. Babies can be or are always messy, and so you can be confident that there will always be some nasty stains to remove. Some of these soaps might have safe ingredients and without any chemicals but they do not always get rid of the stains. It does not matter how skin friendly or natural the detergent is if it does not clean well.
Some Tips For Washing Baby Clothes
- Wash all new clothes as soon as possible or before throwing them in the drawer.
- Rinse stains immediately with cold water so that they do not set.
- Avoid bleach as it affects the fire-resistant quality of baby clothes.
- Always fasten any hooks and loops to prevent them from catching on something
- Keep the small items such as socks in your mesh bag to avoid misplacing them.
- It is still important to separate baby whites from colored clothes.
- Remember to read the labels on the clothes and follow the guidelines of the manufacturer.
You child deserves a royal treatment when it comes to washing his clothes. To ensure that he gets it you should always use the best baby detergent. There are countless brands to pick from, but gentleness on your kid’s skin and effectiveness in cleaning and getting rid of stains should always guide your choice.